November 2023 Gaza Updates
Over 2 million Palestinians trapped in Gaza and thousands in the West Bank are continuing to face immense hardship, death and horrible injuries. Innocent civilians and children have been targeted incluing in hospitals, places of worship and where they are seeking refuge. There is no place left for our Palestinian brothers and sisters to seek safety.
- Affected: 2.3M People
- Killed: Over 11,400, including 3,100 women and 4,700 children
- Injured: Over 30,000
We've all seen the disturbing photos and videos of the horrific situation unfolding in Gaza. At MAA, we are preparing and planning for all possible situations that may unfold, as alleviating human suffering is our most important goal.
To read a full report of our work so far, click here
Latest update: Team MAA including our CEO Ayman Eldemallawy and Sheikh Abdel Moez have been in Cairo, Egypt - supervising the procurement and packing of essential aid including food packs and medicines. We recently dispatched several truckloads of these goods, which will reach Gaza in the coming weeks.
"For our Ummah in Falasteen" is an initiative to fundraise for those affected by this terrible tragedy. In partnership with MAA, our aim is to deliver essential aid to those affected. MAA have been working in Palestine for more than two decades.
With the humanitarian crisis in Gaza intensifying, many have raised concerns and questions about how international aid organisations like MAA, are able to help those in need in the worst affected areas.
1) Just days before the onset of the current crisis, MAA had purchased and stocked essential food packs, hygiene packs, and water. This proactive approach has enabled us to distribute these items to those affected by the conflict.
2) Once the attacks started, our primary source of aid shifted to local suppliers within Gaza and despite great challenges on the ground, we have been able to continue our work at every opportunity possible. Hot meals have been prepared and distributed to over 11,000 people so far, and hundreds of hygiene kits and warm blankets have also been provided.
3) The situation on the ground is constantly evolving, so with urgent supplies on the brink of depletion, essentials, especially disposable medical items, are becoming increasingly scarce and need to be procured from across the border in Egypt. Several truckloads of aid were recently dispatched from Cairo.
4) For all Emergency Aid projects, and in particular for Gaza, we take a unique Triple R approach:
Relief: In the critical days following a disaster, MAA’s priority is to offer immediate emergency assistance.
Recovery: As the immediate crisis subsides, our efforts transition to rehabilitating lives disrupted by the event.
Rebuild: With a long-term vision, MAA invests in rebuilding a future for communities impacted by calamities.
We totally understand the gravity of the situation and the trust our donors have placed on us. Our track record speaks to our commitment and dedication, and we assure you that every effort is being made to alleviate the suffering of the people in Gaza.
Gaza, Palestine 2023: A Heart-Wrenching Glimpse
The densely populated 362 square kilometers of Gaza, Palestine, has endured as a poignant epicenter of humanitarian challenges for years, being home to a population exceeding two million individuals.
Food Insecurity: A daunting 70% of Gaza’s households grapple with food insecurity, a scenario further deteriorated by perpetual conflicts.
Water Crisis: An alarming 90% of Gaza’s water supply is non-potable, presenting grave health dangers to its populace.
Economic Strain: Crippling unemployment, diminishing opportunities, and heightened dependence on international aid define the economic landscape.
Health & Education: The restricted access to vital services such as healthcare and education stifles the growth and prosperity of Gaza’s inhabitants.
Nearly two million Palestinians persistently confront violence, forced migration, and stringent access to fundamental necessities and rights, with their access to crucial services, movement liberties, and numerous human rights being restricted or outright denied, resulting in insufficient medical access and constrained employment and educational opportunities.
Your donation will be used to provide urgent support as soon as possible. Let us extend our hands to assist those devastated by the conflict in Palestine.