In over 20 countries, livestock is sacrificed at the point of distribution and fresh meat is given to the beneficiaries immediately.
There are 4 steps involved in MAA's Fresh Qurban:
1. Prior to Qurban, MAA's representatives visit the local suppliers and farmers to ensure that the livestock have no defects and are in line with Islamic requirements.
2. The Halal sacrifice is conducted during the 3 days of Eid, and is usually supervised by MAA staff or a representative.
3. The meat goes through a cleaning process before it is packaged into bags or boxes for distribution locally.
4. The bags or boxes of Qurban meat are distributed in local communities or in villages.
List of Countries*:
Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Fiji, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malawi, Pakistan, Samoa, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Tonga, Uganda, Vanuatu, and Yemen.
* List of countries can change depending on various factors.