Qurban is MAA's primary humanitarian Food Aid program. In 2016, MAA:
✔ Delivered 22,762 Qurban, worth $2.7 million, to 1.3 million people
✔ Fresh & Ready-to-Eat Qurban reached 37 countries
This year, we will distribute Qurban in two ways:
Slaughtered and distributed fresh in 45+ countries including:
ASIA: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Thailand, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Vietnam
OCEANIA: Fiji, Tonga, Vanuatu
MIDDLE EAST: Syria, Gaza - Palestine, Lebanon
CENTRAL ASIA & EUROPE: Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan
AFRICA: Angola, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Congo, Djibouti, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia , South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zanzibar
Exclusively for Syria and Syrian refugees
MAA has developed a unique and highly nutritional Ready to Eat Qurban solution. Once the Qurban takes place within the Shariah prescribed timeframe, the meat is:
- Prepared according to the taste preferences of the beneficiaries
- Packaged into durable cans and pouches. Approximately 16 cans OR 23 pouches equal 1 sheep.
- Transported to hard-to-reach areas that usually don't have electricity
This makes it easy for beneficiaries to consume the food when they want, also making it the most viable solution in conflict areas like Syria.
Watch our Qurban Videos:
Did You Know?
Useful Qurban Links:
- Qurban Food Aid is distributed to the most vulnerable people; this includes widows, orphans, the elderly, internally displaced persons, and the poor.
- Our staff from Australia travel to monitor our Qurban Program around the world, to ensure that all Islamic requirements are met and to guarantee that your donations make the maximum impact.
- As part of our commitment to be transparent and accountable, we share Qurban updates and progress reports with you as they happen.
Previous MAA Qurban Reports
Rules of Qurban
The Story of Prophet Ibrahim A. S
The Fifth Pillar of Islam
Why Perform Hajj?
Eid al Adha
Make the right choice today.
share your qurban, fresh or ready-to-eat, through MAA - your essential partner in charity since 1989.