At MAA, we believe that robust internal control and governance are the cornerstones of our operations. We've meticulously designed our policies, processes, and systems to ensure that our governance is not just effective but exemplary.
- Constitution: Serving as the bedrock of our organisation, our constitution encapsulates all the essential rules, reflecting our status as a public benevolent institution (PBI).
- Strategic Planning: Our strategic roadmap comprises an annual operating plan and budget, ensuring we're always on track to achieve our mission.
- Operational Integrity: We emphasise budgeting, delegate day-to-day management authority, and ensure the segregation of duties to maintain operational transparency and efficiency.
- Risk Management: Proactively identifying and managing risks is a priority, ensuring the safety and effectiveness of our operations.
- Executive Board: Playing a pivotal role, our Executive Board is deeply involved in all internal control processes, ensuring alignment with our core values and objectives.
In line with the teachings of Islam, we strive to "do the right thing" and to do it "right". This philosophy underscores our commitment to accountability, transparency, and professionalism.
- Impact & Innovation: We're always on the lookout for innovative methods to amplify the impact of our humanitarian aid globally. By forging strong humanitarian relationships, we expand the reach and scope of our projects.
- Financial Transparency: Our financial statements undergo rigorous internal and external audits annually, ensuring our donors and stakeholders enjoy complete transparency.
- Accreditations: As an NGO, and a proud member of ACFID, we meet stringent standards in governance, program management, risk, and partner management.
- Maximising Impact: Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every stakeholder experiences the profound impact of our work.
MAA has a strong ethos when it comes to diversity. Our staff comes from diverse cultural backgrounds with highly honed skill sets applicable to all parts and aspects of operations. We speak over 15 languages at MAA! MAA also has an equitable staff gender balance with approximately 40% of our staff being female.
Since 1989, MAA has operated in over 50 countries without discrimination on the basis of colour, race, ethnic background, gender or religion.
Committed to Transparency, Accountability, and Governance